Most. Rev. William Crean has accepted the resignation from office, on the grounds of retirement of the following priests from Sat. 11th September 2021: V. Rev. Canon Denis Kelleher P.P. Aghada and V. Rev. Patrick Scanlan P.P., Castletownroche.
The following appointments have been made with effect from noon on Saturday 11th September 2021:
- Rev. Patrick Scanlan P.E. to be Chaplain to Nazareth House.
Rev. John Keane , CC. Macroom on sick leave.
- Rev. Robin Morrissey, P.P. Churchtown-Liscarroll to be P.P. in Castletownroche.
- Rev. Eugene Baker, P.P. Buttevant and also ADM Churchtown-Liscarroll.
Rev. Thomas Lane in residence in Carrigtwohill to be P.P. in Aghada.
- Rev. John McCarthy C.C. Mallow to be P.P. in Ballyvourney.
- Rev. Michael Leader P.P. Ballyclough and assisting in Churchtown-Liscarroll.
Rev. James Moore, Diocesan Secretary and also Co-Ordinator of Mission and Ministry (pro tem).
Rev. Patrick McCarthy C.C. Aghada to be C.C. (pro tem) in Macroom.
Rev. Deacon Leonard Cleary, (newly ordained) to serve in Charleville parish.
“I, as Bishop, and the people of the diocese are deeply indebted to our priests for their generosity of spirit and commitment.
As Fr. Denis Kelleher and Fr. Patrick Scanlan retire from full time ministry, we are grateful to God for their ministry in the various parishes they served. We pray the blessing of serenity upon their retirement. We pray too, for those taking on new assignments. Transition always brings its own demand. Covid-19 adds to the list of adjustments that change demands. We pray the blessing of contentment upon them.” Bishop William Crean