Station Mass each evening in the Church at 7.30p.m. with Confessions at 7p.m.
- Mon. 26th Feb – Ballysally, Station Road, Station Houses, Rathgoggin South
- Tues 27th Feb- Coreless, Cooleens, Knockardandrum South, Buttevant Road, Brindle Hill
- Wed. 28th Feb– Main St. The Glen, Park View, Park Mews, Jail Lane
- Thurs. 1st Mar– Holy Cross Place
- Fri. 2nd Mar – Kennedy Place, St. Brendan’s Drive, St. Oliver Plunkett Place, De Valera Place.
- Mon. 5th Mar – New Line, Glenard, Bishop Browne Terrace, Ivy Close.
- Tues. 6th Mar– Harrison Place
- Wed. 7th Mar – Smith’s Street, Glen Haven, Smith’s Road, Measow Vale, Lios Na Rí
- Thurs. 8th Mar – Ballyhubba, Fortlands, Knockardandrum N. Kiltoohig, Liscullane, Kippane, Ardnageehy, Clashgannive, Farroshonikeen, Springfort, Ballypierce, Ardmore.
- Fri. 9th Mar – Ballydaheen, Gortskagh, Broghill, Deerpark, Graigues, Ballincolly.
TRADITION OF THE STATION
The tradition of Station Masses is of long standing in the south and west of Ireland, particularly in rural communities. It goes back to the days when farmers had increased income from the calves and lambs of Spring and the harvest of Autumn and so were able to make a contribution to support their clergy. While modern life is very different from those times, your priests continue to rely entirely on the generosity of offerings given at Stations, Christmas and Easter for their personal support. Priests are not paid a salary or expenses from the parish account but derive an income from these offerings. They run their houses and cars, their health insurance and all personal expenses from this income.
In rural areas the tradition of House Masses for the Stations continues but, with changing social patterns and fewer priests, there are not as many as previously. The Stations in this parish are celebrated in Holy Cross Church. Although the Station Masses in more urban areas may not have the same atmosphere as a house Station, it is important and valuable for neighbourhoods to come together to meet and pray for one another at these Masses too. Station Masses will take place in the Church as indicated on next weekend’s list.
Please use the Station envelope in your box of envelopes to make your contribution, or one of the Station envelopes supplied in the Church. As the offerings have decreased noticeably in recent years, we will be extremely grateful for any little increase you can give. Anyone who has not been used to Station offerings might begin to contribute. If you cannot attend the Station Mass please bring your offering to Mass on any Sunday. Thank you for your continued support for our livelihood and our ministry.
Canon Donal O’Mahony, PP
Fr. Tom Naughton, CC